Thursday 15 October 2009

stills from my film 'Boat'

Two hours away from Pendleside is the Lake District. We often go in the motorhome to this beautiful campsite, in Keswick. The site lies beside Derwent Water. There are superb views on all sides. My main interest here is photography, both still and movie

                         
This oil is from Derwent Water, looking south to Borrowdale, a backlit  study in cobolt blue

  At the other end of England lies Cornwall, Rickard is a cornish name, and I always feel at home when I cross the border from Devon. We had a count up Dot and I, and realised we have been going to St.Ives for over forty years



            Low tide St.Ives
the sea has retreated. Showing off the great lines of boats, even the tiny ones like this one


This old boat was discovered in Gweek, south Cornwall. The time of day is pure imagination
     

Finally this painting of  the canal wharf at Wigan was the picture produced as a oil painting demonstration in the making of my film 'Boat'
Until the age of eight I lived, only a few miles away from this location known as 'Wigan Pier' Here again this is a record of things that were. The whole area as been renovated, and as become a tourist attraction

2 comments:

  1. Hello John,
    Welcome to the world of blogging, your blog is really lovely. We had some great holidays didnt we in St. Ives. Look forward to seeing more posts. Glad to be of help with helping with your blog.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    I really enjoyed looking at your blog.
    Alma Herschell

    ReplyDelete